Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

37 years young

My most favorite Virgo in the entire world is turning 37 today.

In the immortal words of Violet Newstead, "we're gonna need a special locker for the hat."

There's not much more to say that I haven't already said in these pages, but what the hell, I'll just say it again. 15 years ago, this woman very unexpectedly entered my life after what I refer to as "the summer of my discontent" and when my life was rather rudderless and I knew I was barking up the wrong tree professionally but lacked the courage to make any changes. I was smitten from the start and she pretty much immediately became the anchor and rock that she is to this day. We fit together like a hand in a glove, but have somehow managed not to lose our own identities over the years as well.

We've seen a lot over the years - both good and bad - and have weathered the changes that time inevitably brings to anyone, but the thing that remains constant is my love and devotion to her.

So happy birthday to Heidi. Here's to many more years and many more books of man-on-man action that are also very sweet - just like her.

Go harass her on Twitter - she loves it.

1 comment:

Heidi Cullinan said...

*kisses* Love you, hon.