Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2003

Morning Music

I'm listening to Stevie Nicks this morning, mixed in with a little of 10,000 Maniacs Blind Man's Zoo. BMZ was definitely inferior to In My Tribe, but in retrospect it isn't as bad as I remember it being. "Eat For Two" is a pretty catchy song about teenage pregnancy--totally ruined by the way on the Unplugged CD that came out while I was in college. They slowed it way down--it was always that driving urgency that made the song cool in my eyes. The lyrics are a little bit pedestrian, but it works for the song. Never was able to get into Natalie Merchant's solo stuff with the exception of the song "Wonder" which I really like and put on a CD that I made for Anna before she was even born.

For some reason, I just had to hear the Stevie Nicks song "Blue Lamp" this morning, which is one of my all time favorite Stevie Nicks songs but I always forget about it. Kinda like how I view the band Heart--I really like them, but I always forget that I like them. Don't ask me why because I really couldn't tell you. I have no frigging idea what "Blue Lamp" is about--it's a typical Stevie Nicks song that she must have done a gram of coke before writing it or something.

And to continue on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre thread of last night, I found this cool link. Warning: gross serial killer stuff ahead.

No comments: