Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Once Upon A Time in the Caribbean Chainsaw Massacre

Pirates of the Caribbean is playing again at the movies this weekend. The late show is going to be Once Upon A Time In Mexico. A regular Johnny Depp fest. Heidi will definitely want to go see Pirates again and she mentioned to me that she also wanted to see Once Upon A Time In Mexico. I could probably be talked into that--hell, the movie has to be really bad for me to not want to see it.

Speaking of movies, John and I watched the trailer for the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre that's coming out in October. It looks like a horror movie done right--which is a real rarity these days. The trailer was promising because it showed you just enough to pique your interest without giving too much away. It just reminded me of the time I watched the original (including a voice-over prologue type thing featuring a then-unknown John Laroquette) and it about scared the pants off this seasoned horror film fan. It was actually a scary film. Yeah, it was gory and I could have lived without the image of the blond bimbo on the meathook but as a horror flick, it rates right up there with Night of the Living Dead as a classic.

I'm not sure what causes me to be attracted to things that are really all about negative emotions. Heidi can't stand to watch horror films at all--she doesn't even like the Jurassic Park movies and I would call those horror films only in the most general sense of the word. So consequently, I end up watching most of those movies alone, which is part of the reason I haven't been able to sit through an entire screening of The Exorcist since I bought the DVD a couple years back. I love the movie, but it scares me too much to watch by myself. I'll have to have Wendy down sometime and we'll watch it.

But as far as the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre goes--I'm so there, even if I have to go by myself (but I bet I can talk Wendy into going.)

No comments: