Pages

Friday, October 10, 2003

It's early morning and I have to go into work at 8AM to listen to a motivational speaker. Is there something inherently wrong with having to go to work early (something I'm not very motivated to do) to listen to a motivational speaker? I have it on good authority that he's pretty good, so maybe it'll be worth it, but I can't help but think how it'll just put me behind for the entire day and invariably make me have to stay late. Oh well. I'll just take it as it comes.

Today I'm fighting a bit harder than I've had to. I think it was my crappy sleep last night. I had this dream that I was in a big city driving (I think it might have been Cincinnati, but I can't know for certain.) But I took the wrong turn and got lost so I was driving all over trying to find my way. Finally, I parked the car and got out my palm pilot and was trying to do Trip Planner from that. (!) But I kept on screwing up putting in the information. The biggest thing I remember was trying to put in where I was starting from--and it was at this store called Dr. Dean's Cologne Shop. But then it was a liquor store, so who knows? And then someone I work with (for the life of me, I can't remember who it was) told me just to get back in the car and take turn the other way, and that'll put me back on the path I needed to be on. Dreams are the weirdest things.

We watched the Democratic debate last night with the Dean Steering Committee, which was enlightening, but I was angry how the press had such a bias against Dean. This is the first time I've seen the moderator of a debate so blatantly have it out for a particular candidate (Dean.) Since when is it okay for the moderator of the debate to pull a press release from a rival campaign that up to that point had not been public knowledge and attack him with it. Isn't the moderator supposed to be impartial? Yeah, right. It was a very poorly run debate. Part of the problem is there are so dang many of them that barely anyone gets to speak--I really wish some of them would drop out. I would say that Kucinich needs to drop out, but he seems like he really believes what he's saying, even though I disagree with a lot of it. He also reminds a lot of people where the way-far-left actually is. When they try to start pinning the "too liberal" tag on Dean, Kucinich stands there in stark contrast. Mosely-Braun really doesn't stand a chance in hell, but I like her presence. She's like a big den mother and while I don't think that kind of attribute would suit her well for the presidency, it really helps temper all the animosity between the male candidates. And this is also the first time I've heard Edwards talk. He would probably be my second choice after Dean. I sat there thinking that he might make a good vice-presidential candidate if Dean got the nomination, but Dean really needs to get someone on the ticket that has some foreign policy experience.

Clark really ended up looking bad last night, I thought. And they say Dean's a hothead!

No comments: