So much for keeping up with blogging -- I've gone a whole week without blogging about anything! I've spent the afternoon varnishing a portion of the hardwood floor where Blair continually urinated in his attempt to communicate to any cats who might come to the door that he was the number one cat. I'm actually quite proud of myself because I sanded the part of the floor down (with some help from my dad) and got it all prepped to varnish (I'm not going to bother with staining it for now because it'll be way too hard to match the stain with the rest of the floor.) And today, I put the first coat on. We'll see what it looks like in a little while. And I've also gotten rid of almost all of the cat pee smell from my office -- it had an outside door, so once again, Blair decided he needed to assert himself all over the floor and door. I've ripped up a good section of the carpet (it was crap carpet anyway) and sealed the concrete floor. It's taken several coats, but I think I'm on the right track.
In the meantime, Blair is currently kenneled in a box that my dad made for him. It's all part of a behavior modification program the vet came up with -- he basically needs to learn to use the litter box again. Hopefully, it works. I really don't like the other options we have, so for now, I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.