Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2007

The holiday season is finally over

We've been stuck in a snowy pattern since Christmas this year. We've had lots of snow followed by cold temps that have kept the snow around, unlike years past where it's fallen and then subsequently melted within a few days. So it's been a bit of a trick getting our outdoor Christmas lights down. Sure there have been times when I've had the chance to do it, but either the mood did not strike me or the opportunity never arose for me to actually take them down. The fact that the lighted deer in the front yard were being put into the mating position by neighborhood kids was the final clue that perhaps they needed to be brought in before NEXT Christmas rolls around.

Now don't get me wrong. The tree has been down for months. All signs of the holidays inside the house were banished to the basement in January. And we certainly weren't turning the lights on at night, so we weren't being that annoying. But it was getting to be a trifle ridiculous that the Christmas lights were still up. I wonder what the mailman was thinking. There's a house that I walk past every day to and from work that still has candy cane decorations up. At least I can take comfort in the fact that we're not that bad.

4 comments:

xolondon said...

Oh just admit there is a sad little brown wreath with faded bow on your door! :)

Heidi Cullinan said...

There are still lights on the porch, so you can still whistle Jingle Bells around here.

Yuяi said...

At least you guys have an excuse... there are folks around here who couldn't tell you what snow looked like and still have last year's lights tacked up outside! In fact, if I'm not mistaken, those were there two years ago too...! d'oh! :)

Heidi Cullinan said...

I stand corrected!!! He DID take down the lights on the porch--the ones I was convinced it would take two of us to do.

My hero . . . .