Pages

Monday, March 12, 2007

True Colors

Heidi and I decided to splurge and we're going to go to the True Colors Tour in Chicago on June 12th. It's kind of a combination 10th anniversary present for us and 35th birthday present for me. The tickets were not cheap, but please, look at the lineup! It's Cyndi Lauper, Erasure, and Deborah Harry. Plus some other artists that I don't know, and a chance that Rufus Wainwright might be there as well. But Deborah Harry!! Yet another person on my ever shortening list of people I need to see live before I (or they) die.

We're sitting in row Z of the middle orchestra section in the very cool looking Auditorium Theater. So it's not like going to a Madonna concert where you're so far away she looks miniscule on the stage. I can't wait!!

Like I said, a bit expensive, but what the hell? And it's for a good cause.

6 comments:

Yuяi said...

I am soo jealous! :)

I think it's great that you and Heidi are going together for your anniv/b'day present. It's for a good cause!

And I agree, the line-up is phenominal!

Heidi Cullinan said...

We're going to have so much fun! I keep thinking about it and bounce in my chair. Erasure for me, Debbie for you . . . . and CHICAGO. With NO KID.

Heh, heh, heh . . . .

Paul said...

heidi! I see your true colours shining :) hehehe have fun guys!!!

xolondon said...

I'd love to see this show, but it's at a lousy outdoor venue here. Boo. Anyway, we cam expect a full review, right?

Dan said...

Oh, most definitely! I would like to say that it will be complete with pictures, but I have this sneaking suspicion that cameras will most decidedly NOT be allowed. But pictures from the rest of the trip, absolutely!

Dan

Aunt Phetamine said...

I heard "Coin-Operated Boy" by The Dresden Dolls on the radio here in early 2005 and loved it. The video is fantastic, and that duo sure can take some photos.

Enjoy!
Aunt Phetamine