Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Subconscious craziness

I slept like a rock last night, but I dreamt like crazy as well. I don't frequently remember my dreams, but the ones I do remember are usually doozies. Last night was no exception.

My dreams frequently have celebrities in them - like the time I dreamt that I was at a Stevie Nicks concert (because her cover of Led Zeppelin's "Rock & Roll" was playing on my iPod as I slept) only when I went up to meet Stevie, she looked like Estelle Getty from "The Golden Girls" (!) Last night I dreamt I was at a concert and Casey Stratton was there with my friend Lucas (who has a great album available on iTunes - go check it out!) and another performer who I can't remember. In any event, we were in a pretty big arena - probably like the Auditorium Theater in Chicago or CY Stephens here in Ames - not the coffeehouses that Casey will frequently play. The place was so big that I remember having to sit BEHIND the stage! Anyway, they each played a solo set, and then played a few numbers together at the end. I only remember one song.

It was Diana Ross' "Take Me Higher."

I swear to God I wasn't listening to my iPod while I slept last night. I don't even remember the last time I'd even THOUGHT of that song, let alone listened to it.

Of course, it prompted a huge Diana Ross listening party this morning as I did my morning surf and e-mail check. And "Take Me Higher" got played 3 times.

The insanity of the subconscious sometimes baffles even me. But what baffles me even more than that is that this is the only instance of the song (in a non-live format) that I could find on YouTube. Diana Ross hilariously set to the Care Bears Movie.

No comments: