Pages

Friday, June 05, 2009

We're ready

Or as ready as we're going to get. And, as usual, we have Heidi to thank. Thanks to her inner Virgo, she has organized us over the last couple of days better than I could have over a couple hundred years. But she is a Virgo, after all, and Virgos are at their sexiest when they are organizing.

I'm kind of past my apprehensiveness of last night's post and am ready to just do it. Last night, as I was trying to sleep, all I could think of was how it was just our luck for gas to jump by about a dollar a gallon in the run-up to our trip. This epitomizes my mindset of late and the stupid things I have chosen to be anxious about. Yes, the timing of that sucks, but really, what the hell are you going to do about it? So why waste precious energy fretting about it?

In the meantime, I've packed 4 books to read while on the trip. I harbor no illusions that I will finish them off, but I figure too many is better than not enough. Here they are - they're a bit eclectic but I guess that kind of stands to reason:



























A well-regarded debut novel, a trashy sci-fi pulp, a zombie book and a gay book. I nearly chose Larry Kramer's Faggots over the latter, but I am kind of sucker of Andrew Holleran, even though he can be insanely depressing.

So there we go. 6249 songs on the now unsynced iPod. And now, I must sleep. Tomorrow starts sooner than we'd like to think.

No comments: