Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Amalgam

Every Madonna fan with a blog is blogging this today, and I certainly don't want to disappoint.


The cover of Madonna's to-be-released career spanning greatest hits has been released today. As XO said, they didn't fuck it up - a fact I find to be quite amazing considering her track record of late. I'm glad that she seems to be embracing (at least momentarily) the fact that she has an incredible body of work rather than pretending like it doesn't exist.


The cool thing about the photo is that it appears to be an amalgam of two different shots (at least according to boy culture.)

And yes, I have nothing really original to add, but it has my stamp of approval, which is all she was really after anyway. Now the single needs to leak in full and I will be completely satisfied!

No matter how old I get, the release of new Madonna material makes me feel like I did in the summer of 1986 when MTV played the "Papa Don't Preach" video every hour, on the hour for 24 hours. Even though she has disappointed me in the past - most pointedly with the Hard Candy project, she will always ALWAYS get a second (and third and fourth and hundreth) chance. I'm glad she has not squandered it on this project.

2 comments:

Yuяi said...

I'm glad you mentioned it was an amalgam, Dan. It looked a bit off but not in a totally terrible way. The slots are filling up fast on the CD, I wonder which classics are getting the boot?

Myfizzypop said...

I've mentioned elsewhere that I feel like the album title does make it a celebration of Madonna's music rather than a proper hits collection (which no way would have fit on 2 cds). so i'm quite pleased over all.And those classics that don't make it are available for everyone to buy anyway - i have given up hoping me and warner are in sync!!!