Pages

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Phone fail

Heidi is hosting a One Iowa phone bank this afternoon. All in attendance are trying to shore up support for what is sure to be a shit-fight in the Iowa legislature come January regarding a proposed constitutional amendment to reverse the Iowa Supreme Court decision supporting marriage equality.

I will say it here now. I am a phone bank failure.

I called about 15 people. Most were not home. Two were not nice.

I simply cannot do that. There has to be another way to help. It bothers me greatly because to me, doing stuff like this is the difference between walking the walk and talking the talk, but try as I might, I can't push past the initial uncomfortableness that is bothering people in their homes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what, Dan? No one feels comfortable cold calling. I had a job once doing telephone surveys for K-State. And even though we identified ourselves as working for the college, we weren't asking for money, people were still rude.

Don't let it get you down.