Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

My inner Mulder

My folks came over to Ames yesterday for the adoption party the Jan & Sarah were throwing for their four kids and they arrived bearing gifts. Well, actually A gift. For me. As it turns out, they had gone to the Clay County Fair this week. It seems like they go every year. A few years back, they saw a pre-out-of-the-closet Clay Aiken in concert at the Clay County Fair. Last year, they found a 12" Doctor Octopus that I proudly added to my collection of random pop culture bits that I have in my office.

This year, my mom and dad completely outdid themselves, because this is what they brought me.


It's an alien baby! In a lava lamp like apparatus! My mom told the guy that she bought it from "this is for my 38-year-old son who is going on 7." I would say more like going on 12, but whatever.

The Fox Mulder in me is positively giddy because, as my brother-in-law pointed out on Facebook - it might be a REAL alien baby! It bears a remarkable resemblance to the alien fetus in the X-Files episode "The Erlenmeyer Flask" which I think I'm going to have to rewatch today since today is going to be nothing but lazing about exerting as little energy as possible. Witness:


So if I end dying mysteriously soon, you'll know why. It will be up to my loyal friends and family (and people who stumble upon this blog via random searches) to make sure my death was not in vain. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

A couple more pictures, just because my mom and dad are so damn awesome.


1 comment:

Just Me said...

Greatest lava lamp-like thing ever!!!!!! I would love to give this as a gift to a coworker. I can't find anything like this anywhere. Do you have the brand name, name of the vendor in the county fair, an ebay link, anything that could point me on where to search? Even a brand name may help me in my google search. Thanks for any info!!!