Pages

Thursday, September 09, 2010

What I've been up to

There are more blog posts in the offing - several, in fact - but I have found myself in a most unfortunate predicament. Through the fault of really nothing but the dirt, I am in the middle of a 12 day stretch at work. That's right, my next day off is NEXT Saturday. As in a week from two days from now. I've already managed my way through 33% of it. Only 66% left to go. By Saturday, I'll be 50% done!

There is a high likelihood that I will be a strung out mess by the end of this. When I think of that, I try to focus on the money. Two extra days of work will go a long way toward helping to fund Heidi & Marie's Excellent Manlove Adventure or, as I like to refer to it, Heidi's Thelma & Louise vacation. I'll just let you read her blog to find out the deets, but basically Heidi and fellow m/m author Marie Sexton are road-tripping to McAllen, TX the first week of October. Why McAllen? Well, because Heidi's sister Hillari lives there and because that's Mitch's hometown (from Special Delivery.) Yep, she's gonna get another book out of this. There are other stops along the way but I told her that the only stipulations were 1) find a way to pay for it and 2) don't drive the Mazda off a cliff.

Of course, there's also my upcoming solo trip to Kansas City to meet up with my friend Jason. We will be seeing Evil Dead: The Musical and generally hanging out and painting the town red. Please pray for no snow or ice the weekend of October 22nd. This is Iowa, after all.

So that's what I'm doing. Working. Planning on being a single parent for a week or so. And then going out on my own to another city which I haven't done since October of 2006! Mostly, it's all good.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Looking forward to seeing you (and Evil Dead: The Musical) in Kansas City in October!