Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

A couple new songs...

I heard a couple of new singles today--initial singles from upcoming releases--by a couple of major artists today. One of them is "Just Lose It" by Eminem from his upcoming CD Encore. It's the first actual thing of Eminem's that I've purchased (got it via iTunes) so I guess that's a big step. It's not a bad song but forgive me for saying that it draws a little too much from "Without Me" and, frankly, Em sounds a little bit bored on it. Still was worth the 99 cents from iTunes, but I hope the rest of the CD is better. I don't know that I'll buy it, because a little of Eminem goes a long way for me, but we'll see.

The second song I got via an mp3 blog that I visit. It's Gwen Stefani's new solo single "What You Waiting For." It's a great song--and even though the version I got was a radio rip, it just made me that much more eager for Gwen's solo disc. I kind of view Gwen as being a modern day combination of Madonna and Deborah Harry, so it's no big shock that I think she's pretty cool. Plus the new song is probably the only song that can get away with the line "Take a chance, you stupid ho!"--except for maybe a song by Madonna or Deborah Harry.

Check them both out. I'm off to watch the rest of The Blob + I'm trying to rearrange my body clock a little bit in preparation for working the graveyard shift on Wednesday and Thursday.

No comments: