Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Finn Brothers


Finn Brothers -- Everyone Is Here Posted by Hello
I've been listening to a lot of this CD recently. It's Tim and Neil Finn of Split Enz and Crowded House and various solo careers. My sister Wendy just adores Neil Finn--she probably has one of the most complete collections of his music (thanks in large part to Napster) of just about anyone on the planet. I don't usually go so much for it, although I did listen to a fair amount of Crowded House when I was in college. However, there's something about this CD that just appeals to me on a gut level. I don't know if it's the time of year (probably is--fall always gets me into more serious music) but this isn't exactly deep down serious stuff either. But it does have some meat to it which is kind of fun and it serves as a brief respite from the pop that usually dominates my listening landscape.

No comments: