Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Another one for "the more things change..." file:

I found out the other day that Barbra Streisand is releasing a new CD in September called Guilty Pleasures. This is cracking me up because this CD is a "follow-up" of sorts to the 1980 CD Guilty. Both CDs were collaborations with Barry Gibb, both CDs featured a cover shot of Babs and Barry. Guilty Pleasures is even using the EXACT SAME FONT & FORMAT for the album title. Check it out:


Those of you who know me well know that I'll be purchasing this CD first thing on September 20th. (I wonder if I have the day off work that day.) This is kind of exciting because while I don't expect any barn-burners a la "The Main Event/Fight," it has the potential to be a little more exciting material that Babs has put out in the past few years.

I e-mailed this to Jeff and he called me last night and he said "My God! It looks like Barry has his hand up her ass or something! And did they get him out of the nursing home?!?" Time may have not been good to Barry, but at least Barbra rethought that Ogilvie home perm.

1 comment:

raven said...

I wish I could share in your excitement for this. She's been wasting her talent on overproduced crap. Her perfection is becoming an obsession and she is losing the authenticity of her voice with studio engineering that is worse than the white microphone requirements for an Oprah appearance. I'll wait for your review.