Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

37 nuggets of knowledge about Dan

Thomas tagged me for this meme, and it looked kind of fun so I thought I'd play along. More than most of you probably ever wanted to know about me.

1.
Do you like blue cheese?
You know, I've never eaten it that I'm aware of, so I'm not qualified to answer that question!

2. Have you ever smoked?
No, I have not. That is not to say that there have not been days where I REALLY wish that I did.
3. Do you own a gun?
Only if you count squirt guns. Heck, I've never even shot a real gun.
4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite?
I guess I'll have to say Grape although I don't really remember specific flavors all that much. What I do remember is dumping in a motherlode of sugar when making it.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
No, not really, although I deliberately try to zen out when they take my blood pressure.

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
On a grill and at the right time, they're all kinds of awesome. Otherwise, I'm reminded of the hot dog maker that we had as kids that left the ends of the hot dogs cold.
7. Favorite Christmas movie?
Does Gremlins count?
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Coffee, and I'm not talking Folgers. I am a bit of a coffee snob.
9. Can you do push ups?
A few. I'm really too tall to do them effectively.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
I'm a man of few jewelry options, but I'm going with my silver barbell earring that I got a year ago so it's a sentimental favorite. It's probably the one I wear the most . Although the black onyx one Heidi got for me is a close second.

11. Favorite hobby?
At the moment, it is blogging, but I am going to have to get something that is more concrete that has something to show for it in the end.
12. Do you have A.D.D.?
I may be the absent-minded professor, but I don't think that qualifies as A.D.D.
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts?
Glasses. I am not a candidate for contacts, my astigmatism is that bad. My favored Doctor Who glasses are currently out of commission as they got all scratched up and I'm wearing my less favored pair.
14. Middle name?
Scott.
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
I can't believe I'm listening to a trumpet solo on iTunes (thanks Matt), I need to think about getting ready for bed because I work early tomorrow and my hair is too long.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
Coffee, water, and Diet Mountain Dew.
17. Current worry?
How am I ever going to pay off my mammoth amounts of debt?
18. Current hate right now?
Humidity.
19. Favorite place to be?
With people I love.
20. How did you bring in the New Year?
At our house with a handful of good friends.
21. Where would you like to go?
London.

22. Name three people who will complete this?
Caryle, Paul, and Matt. As TKT said, no pressure guys.
23. Do you own slippers?
Yes, but I am in desperate need of a new pair.
24. What shirt are you wearing?
My red Blondie T-shirt Heidi bought me in London last year.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
We don't have satin sheets, so no.

26. Can you whistle?
I can.
27. Favorite color?
Blue.
28. Would you be a pirate?
While keel-hauling and all that jazz sounds like a good time, I'd probably make a pretty bad pirate as I don't even like to camp!
29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Whatever is playing on the iPod as it sits blissfully on the little donut speaker we have.
30. Favorite Girl's Name?
Anna (duh!)
31. Favorite boy's name?
Sam. If I had had a son, that would have been his name more than likely.
32. What's in your pocket right now?
In one is a receipt from the doctor's office for my copay when we took Anna in to have her injured thumbnail clipped off tonight. In the other is a receipt from the Pizza Ranch, which is where we went after the doctor because Anna was so brave!
33. Last thing that made you laugh?
This line from The X-Files, when Scully was comparing Mulder to Captain Ahab in Moby Dick:
Scully: "You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology."
Mulder: "Scully, are you coming on to me?"
34. What vehicle do you drive?
Mazda 626 and Dodge Ram pickup.
35. Worst injury you've ever had?
The worst my body has ever rebelled against me was when my lung collapsed not once but twice in 1990, but that wasn't really an injury, so I guess it was when I ran into something at a department store and cut my eye open as a kid.
36. Do you love where you live?
For the most part. There is no perfect place.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house?
3, one of which is not even plugged in at the moment.

4 comments:

inkgrrl said...

Omigod collapsed lung! Ow!!

How can you be too tall for pushups? Doesn't that just add more weight to leverage? Doode you're breaking my too short for pushups excuse here...

Anonymous said...

Dang--37 questions--that's lots o'nuggets. What is your coffee snob pleasure? You can give me all the lingo-- I still call myself barista.

D'luv said...

My fave Mulder and Scully banter, from Season 3's "War Of The Coprohages":

Mulder: Bambi also has a theory I've come to acro...

Scully: Who?

Mulder: Dr. Berenbaum. Anyway her theory is...

Scully: Her name is Bambi?

Mulder: Yeah. Both her parents were naturalists. Her theory is that UFO's are actually nocturnal insect swarms passing through electrical air fields.

Scully: Her name is Bambi?

Anonymous said...

Dan..Brain Callahan here....your push-up insufficency and the fact that you have never fired a weapon leads me to fear for my dear old brothers life and the lives of his family in the event of say...zombie outbreaks. My advice, take some weapons courses from you local Blackwater community College and 100 push-ups every morning before work...Got to work on that upper body strength...just think about what happened to flyboy..Not good.