Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Nightmare demons

I've been meaning to blog this for a week or so now, but as usual, life has been to busy to even sit down and blog -- witness the seven days between posts which is kind of bizarre for me nowadays. Anyway, my brother Ryan and his wife were back in Iowa a couple weeks ago and he brought me my birthday present. He had picked me up from work that day and was building it up in the car back to my house. "Oh, Dan, you're gonna love it. My wife didn't understand the significance of it, but I told her 'Oh, he's gonna love it when he sees it!" This is what I got from him.

In case you're having trouble figuring out exactly what it is, it's one of the nightmare demons from An American Werewolf in London. And, of course, it's perfect. It even comes with a different head, if you so desire.

Anna loves to change their heads, just for the record. And he has taken a rightful spot on the shelf full of monsters that I have in my office. The next one I want to get is Fly Boy Zombie from the original Dawn of the Dead. Perhaps Christmas.

And just in case you've never seen the movie itself, let alone the scene where these monsters come, here it is, via YouTube, natch.

No comments: