Pages

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

When tomorrow comes

It's midnight on Monday night/Tuesday morning. I've been at the computer for about an hour or so and I haven't accomplished a damn thing. I was going to finish writing something for Paul over at The Zapping. Didn't finish that. I have to write some letters of recommendation for a guy that are due very soon. Did I finish that? Nope. I've been feeling the urge to meditate to try to center my life a bit. Another thing unaccomplished. I didn't even journal at all! Now, consequently, I feel pretty crappy. I feel like I wasted tonight. Apparently I needed to just sit and listen to music.

It doesn't change the fact that I want to do all of those things that I listed above. I especially need to get all those letters of recommendation done. I really hate deadlines. It seems like I can never meet them, no matter how hard I try or how good my intentions are. I'm kind of a man of endless tomorrows - it'll get done, I always have tomorrow. Only problem is tomorrow never gets here and the deadline does.

I think I'm sad that Christmas is over. And that's kind of funny coming from someone who never really got into it this year. The lack of money definitely didn't help. It was fun to see everyone, but now it's back to life as usual. There is a long weekend coming up next weekend, so that should be fun. Still, there's something that I can't quite shake - a sense of loss or something. I know - that's vague and difficult, but it's what I have at this point.

So right now, Annie Lennox is singing "Wait until tomorrow comes, yeah, yeah." Probably good advice, especially for a man with endless tomorrows. I'll finish all that stuff in the morning.

When Tomorrow Comes - Eurythmics

1 comment:

Paul said...

i constantly get the post christmas blues. i don't know - i embrace christmas so fully and then it's over so quickly! And don't worry if you don't get that thing done for me...:)