I found this over at Casey Stratton's journal and figured, what the hell. I'm way too tired to write anything coherent this morning and this might be just what I need to kick the funk off.
List seven songs you are into right now, no matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.
1) Marlene on the Wall by Suzanne Vega - Suzanne Vega came out of nowhere to finish #2 on my most listened to artists last week on last.fm. And this is one of my favorites. Yes, she did do more than just "Luka."
2) Isaac by Madonna - Call me crazy, but hearing Anna sing the chanting in the back seat of the car just makes me want to listen to it over and over again. Plus, Madonna humming just hits me in the exact right spot.
3) Say You, Say Me by Lionel Richie I had this on my iPod shuffle the other day and you know, say what you will, but I was really liking it. I was thinking of the video where Mikhail Baryshnikov says right after Lionel sings "From behind the walls of doubt/A voice was crying out." - Help me! And that breakdown part in the middle - too much.
4) Projector by Casey Stratton - One of my favorite tracks from his new record The Crossing - I promise there's a review coming of that.
5) Theme from "Maude" - That funky organ gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME. Plus "Maude" is coming out on DVD in March - looking forward to experiencing Dorothy Zbornak in beta.
6) Left of Center by Suzanne Vega - See, I told you Suzanne Vega came out of nowhere. It's a practical Suzanne Vega renaissance! I always like this song because it reminds me of my political views - "If you want me/You can find me left of center."
7) Dead Man Walking by Mary Chapin Carpenter - A track from Chapin I had never heard before that has been in my iTunes forever, and now I can't stop listening to it.
You're supposed to tag seven people, but I'm nowhere near that popular, but the following people can consider themselves tagged: Heidi, Caryle, XO, Auntie P, Orange Anubis.