Pages

Thursday, May 08, 2008

It's tour time

This morning I opened up my Gmail and my pal Yuri had forwarded me the dates for Madonna's upcoming tour. Dubbed the Sticky & Sweet Tour (brilliant if you ask me!), it starts in Europe in August, arrives in the U.S. (East Rutherford, N.J., to be exact) in October and runs through a few big markets before winding up November 26th in Miami. Rumor has it that the tour will be off to South America and Australia after that. The news really surprised me, and I am pretty much always up on Madonna news, especially stuff like touring.

I talked to Jeff tonight. I think we're going to try for Chicago. Tickets go on sale a week from Saturday! We may go for a lower price ticket to try to save some money, but we'll see how it goes. Ticket prices range from $55 to $350, with the $55 ticket getting you a seat in the parking lot outside the arena. Chicago is driving distance, and even if gas is 5 bucks a gallon by October, it'll still be cheaper than flying.

I don't know if the tour will be worth the money. I have yet to be disappointed by a Madonna show. It's a calculated risk, especially since I am not super white-hot on the album. But we always have a good time. And there are ways to still have the experience while being fiscally responsible.

So we'll see what happens. Who knows, maybe we won't even be able to get tickets.

No comments: