Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

An on-the-fly update

Blogging has been and probably will continue to be light for a while. Life is busier than usual.

But...

I had a burrito from Flying Burrito here in Ames today. It was just this side of heaven. And the best part? I couldn't finish it so I get to eat more later. Probably for supper which means I can bypass hospital cafeteria food.

As the weeks pass, I am more and more dissatisfied with the quality of the sound files provided by iTunes for Hard Candy. They are so tinny and seem very low quality. I looked at the CD at Wal-Mart today and I am kicking myself for not picking it up in the first week of release when it was less than 10 bucks because now it is $15.99 or something obscene.

Speaking of Madonna (not that I ever do that or anything), I am seriously irritated with the woman for endorsing scalping for the upcoming Sticky & Sweet Tour. A secondary ticket seller has apparently bought up tickets in advance of the on-sale date and is reselling them at highly inflated prices - some up to $8000 a seat! Naturally, she gets a cut of this. I hope the woman can't sell the tickets at those prices and the seats are empty! That just seems damn greedy and, as a friend pointed out, very disrespectful of the fans.

Series Four of Doctor Who just keeps on getting better with every episode! It's going to be hard not having a full series next year.

OK, off to work.

3 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

i'm with you on the madonna prices. scandalous. greedy mare. I almost boycotted, but who knows when her hip will give out and stop her touring??

Oh and for some reason i got the madonna cd sent to me free by a company called total assault. Marvy.

Adem With An E said...

Scalping, Broken Aussie Promises, So Much Fur; I'm so disgruntled with her right now.

Dan said...

Yes, the scalping thing is awful, but I would have to agree with you on the broken Aussie promises. It's been 15 years since she's been Down Under! We take her tours for granted here in the US, so I can only imagine how hard that must be!