Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Another day off...

...but then I have to work the weekend. And weekend evenings no less. 12PM-10:30PM. It might be a long shift, but it'll be okay.

Anna's in the living room right now watching Toy Story for the millionth time in 3 days, but this time she's watching it from behind her eyelids. That's good--she really needed to sleep. I think later today we're going to plan to go out and see Shrek 2 even though I really didn't like the first Shrek all that much. Too many fart jokes, which are the bottom of the barrel as far as humor goes. But I suppose that appeals to every 8 year old boy in the world and I'm not exactly the target audience for a movie like Shrek 2 anyway.

This day hasn't exactly been what I thought it would be, mostly because I got up a lot earlier than I wanted to thanks to some as-yet-unidentified noise that sounded like a cross between a wood-chipper and a lawn mower. It woke Anna up so consequently there was no more sleeping after about 7:30 this morning. Heidi wrote most of the morning which is good. Anna and I watched Finding Nemo and she got her bath and I eventually got my shower at about 10:30 or so. I'm thinking that later this afternoon before we go to the movie I might start making a new CD or something. There's all sorts of songs that are out right now (and oldies from my past, of course) that are potentials to make the cut. I was listening to this Loretta Lynn song last night on Rhapsody called "Mad Mrs. Leroy Brown" which just cracks me up. I was thinking about going out and buying the new George Michael CD Patience but I just don't know that it's good enough as an album to merit purchasing the whole thing. Rather buy a few of the good songs on iTunes and go from there. Same thing with the new Alanis Morissette CD So Called Chaos. Should just take about 5 bucks and go down to the computer downstairs and buy them on iTunes.

No comments: