Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Buffy Buffy everywhere

Heidi and I spent the night re-watching old Buffy The Vampire Slayer episodes--some we haven't seen in forever. We watched "Out of Mind, Out of Sight" about the high school girl that no one saw so consequently, she turned invisible. Nobody writes high school angst like Joss Whedon, especially high school angst that isn't a bit overdone.

Then we watched "Doppelgangland" where vampire Willow comes out of her alternate universe. Best line of the whole ep--good Willow saying "That's me as a vampire? I'm so evil. And skanky. And I think I'm kinda gay!" Foreshadowing (intentional or not) at its very finest.

And finally, we watched "Hush" which is kind of the piece de resistance as Buffy episodes go. Featuring these fine creepy guys (The Gentlemen):



We also watched the audio commentary for "Hush" where Joss talked about wanting to create in the Gentlemen something akin to the Zuni doll from Trilogy of Terror--i.e. something that traumatized a whole generation of kids. I daresay he probably came close. Those guys are just damn creepy. And the way they float!Posted by Hello

No comments: