Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Horror pop culture dolls, part deux

Now that I have the plush Alien chestburster, this is the next bit of horror movie pop culture I want to get for my office. It's the Zuni fetish doll from that cult classic TV movie Trilogy of Terror. I got this movie from Netflix and watched the part with the Zuni doll in it--anyone who around my age has to remember it. You know--gold chain falls off the doll's waist and it goes completely ape-shit ballistic on Karen Black. I remember being scared shitless as a kid by that movie--Ryan even more so--but as with most horror movies, I was oddly intrigued by it. So I probably watched that part of the movie a zillion times until I was desensitized to it.

While I don't think Anna is ready for the movie, I think she might be as intrigued by this as she is by "the scary guy" a/k/a the Alien.

I think I'd probably just be scared that I'd come home and find the gold belt off the doll someday. And then I'd feel this stabbing pain in my calves.

Posted by Hello

1 comment:

b said...

the looks freaky