Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Rather be the pope

I'm glad that the Catholics have found themselves a new pope and I'm going to resist the temptation to judge his papacy before it even gets started (although that has not stopped a lot of blogs and news sites from doing just that.) I think what makes me most happy is that with the election of the new pope we can say good riddance to the completely ridiculous "Vatican-chimney cam" that seemed to be on all the 24-hour news stations while they waited for the white smoke.

The funny thing is that this whole pope thing just reminds me of that Prince song of the same name. Not one of my all time favorite Prince songs, but it's funny just the same because I'm waiting for someone out in the blogosphere or just in the internet in general to put video of Benedict XVI's first emergence after the white smoke came out and the bells tolled to that Prince song. Now that would be funny.

No comments: