Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2006

One last little bit about the weekend

Perhaps one of the best things about the weekend, Casey show aside, was the arrival back at home. Our last.fm crew, Heidi, Mike, John and Caryle had all hatched a Casey listening party to celebrate my safe arrival back home (Mike was the ringleader.) They had all changed their avatars to pictures of Casey, which prompted me to change mine to the picture I had taken at the show. They were all listening to Casey (mixed in with liberal amounts of Olivia Newton-John as well!! Heidi, voluntarily listening to Olivia. I thought I'd never see the day.)

It brought a huge smile to my face and just reiterated that I am where I am supposed to be in my life. It's fun to visit Chicago. Oddly enough, while I was walking around, I noticed how many people there are and how it's still possible to be lonely amongst all those people. Being in Iowa with the women in my life is where I'm supposed to be.

And surrounded by a great community of people from all over the world - as close as in the same house, just down the Interstate, and across the Atlantic. You guys are the best. Madge says it best (sorry, Mike I'm stealing your line) -- music really does make the people come together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, this make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Glad to see you had such a good time, despite the cab driver.

Anonymous said...

But you're worth it Mr C, and it's hardly a hardship listening to Casey (or Dame Livvy for that matter!).

Just glad you enjoyed it.

Heidi Cullinan said...

I'm just still laughing that "Silver Rain" is about insecticide. And after that threesome comment, I may have to listen to whatsit again.

And Blogger had better not give me any shit about logging in to post today. I'm just warning it NOW.