Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2006

New music

I bought Loreena McKennitt's long awaited new CD An Ancient Muse -- her first CD of new material in nearly 10 years. Her last full length studio album - 1997's The Book of Secrets - is completely and utterly tied up in my wedding and honeymoon as we bought the CD while on our honeymoon in Chicago.

I am enjoying it quite a bit so far. I'll have more coherent thoughts on it in a few days.

The biggest thing I miss about buying the album digitally rather than at the store in CD format is that I am almost without a doubt missing out on Loreena's liner notes - what she was doing during the making of the album outlined in excruciating detail. But the music is the same and environmentally, it's much more sound to do digital downloads rather than purchase CDs. I'm not that much of an audiophile that I need to own the original CDs. MP3s encoded around 160 are usually good enough for me.

So more on Loreena later. It's a keeper, folks. Heidi, you'll like it once you stop writing this current manuscript. It doesn't really fit into what you're writing right now.

No comments: