Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nothing gold can stay

I woke up this morning to find a comment from Paul on my Madonna concert post. The part of the comment that caught my eye the most was the non-Madonna related part of the comment.

David Tennant is leaving Dr Who!!!!!

I didn't believe it at first. This rumor has been floating around for over a year now, but alas, it is true.

Say it ain't so!

Tennant as the Tenth Doctor will always be "my Doctor." While Heidi's will probably always be Christopher Eccleston (#9), it was Tennant's mad energy that made the show for me. Yes, his Doctor was quirky and not for everyone, but he always seemed to be right in line with the show for me. I cannot blame Tennant for wanting to do other things either. He's an actor and not around just for the sole purpose of playing the Doctor. Still, it does make me feel a bit sad.

Our friends across the pond are used to the constant changing of the Doctor and his companion. I was sad (but not distraught) when the popular Rose left and was replaced by Martha as the Doctor's companion. However, I think the loss of Tennant as the Doctor is tremendous. There is little doubt that I will still continue to watch the show, but I don't think it will ever be the same.

At least we get 4 or 5 more episodes this year before Tennant is gone for good and he's regenerated into someone else entirely. And those will be some very large tennis shoes to fill.

2 comments:

John said...

You have utterly crushed me today. *sigh* I need to go to my happy place now.

Myfizzypop said...

It is actually rather tragic :( AND! Russell T Davis (writer) leaves at the same time. OMG! OMFG!