Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2007

The start of something good

I was putzing around in my iTunes tonight and came across the tracks from the live CD that Casey Stratton put out back in the spring of 2005 and I realized that tonight, 2 years ago, I was at the M-Shop here in Ames seeing Casey Stratton perform live for the very first time! I mentioned this to Heidi, and of course, she remembered how I wanted to go but was going to be a martyr to the cause (cause unknown) and not go all to save the 6 dollar entry fee. I think there was more to it than that - like the fact that I was nervous to go alone - but the money excuse was the story I was going with.

In hindsight, it was worth so much more than 6 bucks.

I do wish that I had a recording of that show because I remember him covering Tori Amos' "Precious Things" which I have not heard a good recording of since then. Here it is via YouTube (he's performing with Eric Himan - it was a double billing.)



Seeing Casey live is not something to be missed. Unfortunately, he's in Chicago tonight at Uncommon Ground and I am missing it. This time, it really is due to money. Well, and time. Plus, it would have cost a lot more than 6 bucks to go.

No comments: