Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gimme a head with hair, long beautiful hair

I had a very long overdue haircut today. The last time I went in, Jill (the lady that cuts my hair) decided to leave my hair quite a bit longer in the back. When I got home from that haircut, Heidi predicted that I would not like it in about a week because the back was too long. It wasn't bad, but as I complained on this very blog, we straightened my hair and then I felt like I had a mini-mullet. So I went in and got the complimentary shape up of the back of my hair.

It had been over 2 months since my last proper haircut, so to say that I was overdue is putting it mildly. This was what the back of my head looked like today.

Good heavens, that is the longest my hair has EVER been. I didn't mind it so much, but it was really starting to look messy and honestly, it didn't really suit me all that well. It was a fun experiment and something that I never would have done a few years back. But since the last couple years have been all about challenging people's preconceived notions, I'm not surprised that I did it. But ultimately, I wanted something a little cleaner in the back. Like this.
\
It's still a bit long on top, although some of the length had to come off to match the new length in the back. I'd really like to keep the top length, especially if I'm going to keep on straightening it. But who knows.

There. I just did a whole post about hair. And I'm not apologizing.

(And look at that gray head!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realize that I don't have a Y-chromosome, but I had to fight the urge this weekend to write an entire blog post about finding my fourth gray hair. (It was immediately plucked.) So, I wouldn't feel too bad. ;)

Yuяi said...

I get my hair cut every 3 weeks, like clockwork and would feel completely out of sorts if I didn't. (How very faux British of me. Must be the Madge you-tube video!)

Olga is always telling me that I go to the barber shop too often, but trust me, 3 weeks is pushing it for me.