Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jinkies, Cloverfield!

I went out tonight and bought the Cloverfield DVD as a bit of a reward to myself for not going completely stark raving mad for all the time spent in the car the last couple of days. It was only $16.99 at Target, with no two-disc special edition to tempt me, so I figured what the heck. It was one of those movies that I was really excited about at first, then dissed for reasons I still don't get, and then loved once I finally saw it a month or two after it was released.

Anyway, I was watching the special features on the laptop up on our bed, and Anna comes wandering in after her bath. I was afraid that she might be scared of the monster, but she climbed up next to me on the bed and they were showing how they did the scene in which the monster is being bombed.

Anna's reaction: Dad, that is NOT scary. The monster looks like his head is on upside down!

Her other classic comment was, upon seeing the green screen shot with the main characters in the helicopter: "Dad, is that Scooby Doo?"

No, kid, I'm sorry, but it isn't.

But the good thing? I think I am well on my way to having a kid not scared of horror flicks. Mission accomplished!!

No comments: