Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Myers-Briggs introvert

I've noticed that I'm tracking more serious these days, which does not bode well for Nerdery Week. But fear not, I will pull my 12-year-old boy out and he will be on full display next week for all the world to see. But in the meantime, you're just going to have to deal.

I haven't taken a Myers-Briggs personality test in a long time, so when I stumbled across one tonight quite by accident, I thought I'd try it again. It's been so long, that I couldn't remember my MB type, although I distinctly remember the "introverted" part. This is what came up.

Click to view my Personality Profile page

Wow, I had no idea I was THAT introverted. One of the things I remember most is that when Heidi and I were engaged and had to do the required pre-marriage counseling at the church, the pastor had us take the Myers-Briggs personality test. If I recall correctly (and Heidi, correct me if I'm wrong on this one), it was one of the first times that Heidi realized that I really needed time on my own, to recharge my batteries so to speak. Who says those pre-marriage counseling sessions are a waste of time.

I remember Heidi testing on the extrovert side of that, although I think she would argue that she is more introvert now than extrovert. Exactly how these two introverted people birthed a phenomenally extroverted child is either evidence of God's sense of humor or karma coming back at me.

And even with 100% introvertedness on that test, I like to think that I can still overcome my natural tendency toward keeping to myself. Keeping this blog is a huge exercise in that, for I am constantly pushing the envelope in my own way. The funny thing about me is that I really am an introvert, shy by nature and more likely than not to keep on keeping on and not seek out something new. However, those times that I have stepped outside my comfort zone I have more often than not been rewarded by the universe.

I may always be the introvert, but watch out for introverts. Still waters run deep, or so I've been told.

And seriously? Artist, creator? I don't think so.

No comments: