Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

As my friend Kelly always told me in high school, St. Patrick's Day is a ready-made excuse to be happy! Even though I am only 1/8th Irish (my father's side has the Irish in it, hence the last name) we diluted it out with the German from my mom's side. Plus I am Irish Protestant and not Irish Catholic, so I should be wearing orange instead of green. If I still wore ties, I would wear an orange one.

Anyway, one day of the year I like to pretend I'm more Irish than I am. I saw this picture on this isn't happiness this morning and I just loved it.

How I wish I were there today! Or in Chicago, where they turn the Chicago River green for one day.

One of these St. Patrick's Days I will be in Chicago for the parade and the green river. But alas, not today.

Green beer after work will be a problem because there is no beer in the house, money is low in the checkbook but you just never know.

1 comment:

Adem With An E said...

LOVE that first picture, looks stunning.

Oh and Happy St Paddy's day :)