Pages

Monday, March 29, 2004

Fast Company | The Wal-Mart You Don't Know

Fast Company | The Wal-Mart You Don't Know

I found this article while surfing at www.blogdex.net which cites some of the most frequently blogged items on the internet. It's interesting, to say the least. Heidi and I have decided that we're going to purposely not shop at Wal-Mart once we move to Ames just because we have other choices. Where we live now doesn't provide us with much of a choice because Wal-Mart pretty much drove all the small retailers in town out of business because they couldn't compete with Wal-Mart's "everyday low prices." People speak very fondly of what life in Washington used to be like before Wal-Mart. While I highly doubt that it's all Wal-Mart's fault, I'm sure it had something to do with it. Wal-Mart's pretty much evil in my mind, but I'm sure I'm not the first person to say that.

No comments: