Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2004

I went to my Democratic county convention today in Heidi's stead as she's so disgusted with the whole thing she didn't think she could sit through it. Good thing I did, too, as she would have just been irritated with the whole thing and never stopped thinking about the hundreds of other ways she could be spending her time. We managed to send 3 (of 19) delegates to the state convention for Dean which doesn't change the fact that Kerry will be the nominee but I stood for what I believe in. I'm eager to find out what Dean For America is going to become on March 18--maybe it'll give me reason to be proud of the system again.

Mark Twain said that a true patriot is someone who supports his country all the time and his government only when it deserves it. Truer words never spoken.

It's been a pretty fun night after I slept pretty much all afternoon--I think I was a lot more sleep deprived than even I knew. Too much going to bed late and getting up early, plus the fact that I'm not really as young as I used to be so that can't go on for an indefinite period of time like it used to. I laid down in bed with Anna as she went down for her nap around 1:00 and neither one of us woke up until around 4:30. I felt so much better for it though, even though the day was pretty much a wash. We made brownies and lemon bars tonight (I had this unexplainable craving for lemon bars earlier in the week, so much so that I almost went out and bought a mix the other night.) With that craving satiated and now it's nearly 10PM, I'm not sure what the rest of the night holds.

I did buy the DVD of George Romero's original Dawn of the Dead tonight at Wal-Mart. I'm sure it's been released on Special Edition DVD now so that its release is as close to the opening of the remake as is possible. I'm so eager to see the remake--if it's half as good as its trailer, then it'll be a high class zombie movie. I'm not sure what to make of the running zombies though--the zombies are definitely influenced by the zombies in 28 Days Later but that's not all bad either.

Zombie movies are just too damn much fun.

No comments: