Pages

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

So now I've queued up on Rhapsody the new Rick Astley compilation CD. Talk about major guilty pleasure!! By all rights, I shouldn't be listening to this guy. I almost used my last free iTune to buy a song off of it based on the song sample, but I decided to listen to the whole thing first. "Never Gonna Give You Up" is the song that's playing now which is, of course, the one that was played ad nauseum during the first part of 1988. I can still remember staying up late to watch the world premiere video of "Together Forever." What's sad is that I remember that, and that I remember it fondly!

Today I've been a little bit worried about the house selling. There are so many houses for sale in Washington, and since we only have 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, I'm sure that our house is less attractive than others--especially when bigger houses are going for comparable amounts. It's always hard to tell though because the other ones might be gross inside causing them to sell for less. It's just hard to know. I'll be glad when the whole house selling thing is over with. I know, I know, the house has only been on the market for a few weeks, but it's just nerve-wracking. A part of me is glad that there aren't people traipsing through it every single day of the week, but I wish more people were interested in it. I keep telling myself that it will sell in due time and that we're moving into a better time of the year for selling a house so just chill out. It doesn't help that that seems to be the new thing everybody at work is fixated on. "Did you sell your house yet? Did you sell your house yet?" Geez.

I had a little bit of job-change remorse today because I saw my job posted on the bulletin board at work and also saw the help wanted ad in the paper tonight. That kind of sealed it for me--I really am leaving!! Like there was any doubt. I know that it's all for the best, but I'm just very eager (and anxious) to get moved and get settled into my new job. It'll take a lot of the question marks out of everything. I mean, things are going to be different for a really long time and there's no getting around that. I'm just glad we're not going into fall--although it feels that way a lot. I have a hard time keeping my mood up even though I know that this is a positive change and that my folks won't let me sink. But I just want things to work out so badly--and I want to do it on my own, which I'm sure I will but you know.

Well, better get to bed. It's getting late and I want to read some more of Ender's Game before bed.

No comments: