Pages

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Musical Tastes

This is courtesy of a friend of mine (Brian) who got it from someone else, and couldn't wait to try it myself. The idea is to queue up every MP3 you have in your collection into something like Windows Media Player or Winamp and then randomize the entire list. After you do that, take the first 10 songs in the playlist and that should give you a fairly good idea of what your musical tastes are like. Here's mine (and yeah, I had a buttload of MP3s to load into Winamp.)

1. Justify My Love (Orbit 12" Mix) -- Madonna (from the "Justify My Love" maxi-single)
2. The War Song -- Culture Club
3. My Love Is Your Love (Thunderpuss 2000 Radio Edit) -- Whitney Houston
4. In The Pines -- Dolly Parton (Live from the Heartsongs CD)
5. Son Of A Preacher Man -- Dusty Springfield
6. Nikita -- Elton John
7. As Long As You Love Me -- Backstreet Boys
8. Love At The Pier -- Blondie
9. I Did -- Trisha Yearwood
10. Set Adrift On Memory Bliss -- PM Dawn

Yikes. I'm not sure what's scarier--how eclectic that list is or that the entire running time of all the MP3s in Winamp was upwards of 80 hours.

No comments: