Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Man, I'm exhausted. Slept really poorly last night + I had to get up at 5:45 AM to be to work at 6:30ish to mix cataract stuff. But I did manage to get out of there at 3:30, so that's not too bad. I figure that this is a lot what a 7-3 shift at Ames will be like. I could get into this. I think I'd be okay if I hadn't slept so crappily last night. I don't know what it was--I just tossed and turned and couldn't get comfortable. Finally, I got up and read for a little bit hoping that would make me sleepy, which it finally did. It was well after midnight by the time I got to sleep.

I was going to post this link back in October, but never did. Now, with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre coming out on DVD, I thought it would apropos to post it now. It's called "The Best Little Chophouse in Town -- The Allure of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" I also managed to watch a good chunk of Dawn of the Dead last night since Anna fell asleep at 7:30 PM and Heidi's currently in a total writing mode. Better than I remember it being. This is the U.S. theatrical cut, so a lot of the gore that was in the version I watched this summer (director's cut) is excised and believe me, less is definitely more. I think my favorite zombie is still the Hare Krishna Gandhi-meets-Stanford-Blatch zombie that attacks the female lead in their little bunker at the mall

No comments: