Pages

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Found this interesting tidbit in my surfing this morning. Madonna touring again?? And me about to head into abject poverty? It figures. :) I'll probably have to sit this tour out for a lot of reasons, but it's almost always better on DVD anyway.

I'm feeling a little better this morning--not quite as grousy about things. I had a relatively good night's sleep even though it didn't feel like it when I woke up. Anna kicked my side and my head throughout most of the night, so there was that. We had a pretty good time with the Dean people last night--it's always fun to go and sit in an echo chamber for a while when you're feeling crappy. That way you can throw out the oddest conspiracy theories or whatever and have them validated. Not that I'm stupid enough to believe most of them, but it is fun to be amongst like-minded people.

Today I'm listening to a mix of Liz Phair and Sheryl Crow which is really the kind of music I'm after these days. Not really in the mood for my dance remixes and other such stuff that I usually listen to. I'm looking for something that's a little more earthy and less "out-there." I still don't think that a lot of Liz's old stuff is as polished as the stuff on Liz Phair. And that's probably the criticism that was leveled against the album anyway so what the hell do I know? As Heidi says, it's a smoky low female voice so she could be singing about dog poop and I would probably still like it. And I suppose that's true--when you think about it, most of the female artists that I like really are altos. I don't know what it is, I just love that type of style of music and style of singing.

And from Sheryl Crow and Liz Phair I go to a metal cover of "Rhiannon." Man, my tastes are all over the place. Well, not really because I doubt I'll ever listen to this song again!!

No comments: