Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

So the snow made it impossible to get to Iowa City to see Claire today. Not all bad, I guess. I'm running out of things to talk about. Seems like my life isn't as crazy as it used to be--at least not in the ways that I need to talk about it. I don't know. I'm pretty much adjusted to the fact that we're moving and voluntarily turning our lives upside down. But it'll only be for a little while and then the new normal will be established. Kinda like after Anna was born--it just took time to establish a new normal.

Not sure what the hell I'm talking about tonight. Feel like talking to someone but don't really have anyone to talk to tonight. I'm listening to Everything But The Girl tonight on Rhapsody. They're probably best known for that ubiquitous dance hit "Missing" from back in 1995 or so. I love Tracey Thorn's vocals because they're so detached and yet they have a lot of emotion. Is that an oxymoron? Can you be detached and still feel emotion? Hard telling I guess. Whatever the case, I'm enjoying it quite a bit tonight. The CD is Walking Wounded. It reminds me a little bit of the music that I might have been listening to when I first got to Iowa City although that's utterly impossible as it's quite ensconced in electronica without being too techno. But it's mellow and matching my mood well tonight.

No comments: