Pages

Monday, March 22, 2004

I slept way too late this morning--when I start my new job I'm going to have to figure out a way to get up earlier! This is the second to the last week at my job here. It's funny how quickly it seems to be wrapping up. Personally, it can't happen soon enough. We've made the decision and now we just want to move and get it over with. A month from now, we'll be completely moved to Ames with our only connection to Washington being this house if it doesn't manage to sell in the meantime.

I still get worried about the money. I can't figure out how I can afford to do all this, but every time I sit down and crunch the numbers, it works out. So I need to just get a grip and trust that it'll all be okay. I think about Ames and I just get so excited. I'm so eager to live in the neighborhood that we're going to be living in. I can't wait to take Anna to the park and to the library. I can't wait to take her on the bus. It's going to be so much better for everyone in our family.

If it seems like I'm trying to convince myself of that by saying it over and over again, I think that's just a defense mechanism because I'm really not much of a risk taker and this amounts to a big risk in the short term. In the long run, it'll be a great move, but the financial and emotional crunch of the move will definitely show short term. Good thing I'm going to Claire tomorrow.

Oh, and what would a blog post be without a link to somewhere. The Exorcist in 30 seconds re-enacted by bunnies.

No comments: