Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008

Tattoo you

I just had one of those moments where I vividly remember a dream from last night that I had pretty much forgotten about all day long. I dreamt last night that I was getting a tattoo, and I was incredibly nervous about it. I had my arm out and whoever was doing the tattoo started in, even though I tried to jerk my arm away. I remember being nervous that it was going to hurt, but it didn't for some reason. I also remember it being just one little spot on my forearm that was being worked on.

When they were done, I had this elaborate tattoo all over my inner forearm and all the way up to my shoulder. What's even better is the entire upper arm was white, but the bottom was reindeer in a line all around my forearm, connected with little reins. I remember being just shocked at what the person doing the tattoo had done, and how I would never be able to wear short sleeves to work ever again.

I looked up what dreaming of tattooing means, and I found a variety of interpretations. They range from the what you'd expect (dreaming that you have tattoos represents individuality and a desire to stand out; wanting to be unique and different from everyone else) to the depressing (you are the object of a stranger's jealousy, someone from you past is hunting you, a difficulty will result in a long and tedious absence from your home.)

Mostly, I just think it's my slightly sick and still recovering from working overnights subconscious on overdrive. But as Fox Mulder says, "Dreams are the answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."

But don't worry, no real tattoos in my future. I'm too much of a wimp.

No comments: