Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

An odd coincidence

I've been listening to this CD that I got from the library -- Blossom Dearie's eponymous debut from 1956. And by doing a random web search for information on her, I found out that "Rhode Island Is Famous For You" wasn't the first time I'd heard her. She was the voice behind "Unpack Your Adjectives" and "Figure 8"--both classic Schoolhouse Rock clips. How odd.

Her voice is so little, but it's so pleasant. Plus I kinda like all that lounge stuff anyway in a really bizarre sort of way. Maybe that was my last lifetime or something. The songs are just long enough (hardly any of them are more than 3 & 1/2 minutes) and they all blend together just right. It's going to totally skew my Audioscrobbler stats, but it's so much fun to listen to it.

No comments: