Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Neurological closeness

It's kind of amazing to me sometimes the things that are adjacent to each other in one's brain.

A good example happened to me at work tonight. I was in the IV room making something, and rather than get up and go over to grab something off the counter, I rolled over to the counter while still sitting on the chair. This immediately made me think of Barbra Streisand. The reason for this is because it was her show-stopping performance of "Miss Marmelstein" in her very first Broadway show I Can Get It For You Wholesale, performed completely while rolling around the stage in an office chair, that put her on the map. I think the song is way too clever for its own good, but that is 90% of its appeal as well. The song was so stuck in my head I was obliged to play it on my iPod on the way home. (it resides in a playlist called "Highlights From Just For The Record...")

I wonder how many other people on the planet would associate these two things so closely. I would venture to say not many. Welcome to my brain. It's a fun place to visit.

No comments: