Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Who says Toys R Us is just for kids?

We all went to Eden Valley Nature Center today for a picnic with Heidi's dad's side of the family.  It was a dang long drive--about 3 hours by the time it was all said and done.  It's just south of Baldwin, Iowa which I think redefines the word "podunk."  It was a pretty good time.  Not being much of an outdoorsy type guy, I spent a lot of time reading and chit-chatting with various family members while Heidi, Anna and her sister went for a hike around the place.  That just wasn't something I was in the mood for today.

On the way home, we stopped at Toys R Us because we'd never taken Anna there before plus the fact that we needed to wake her up if we ever hoped for her to sleep tonight.  We walked around for a while and I must say that I find the current state of kids' toys deplorable.  But I did run across something pretty cool that I picked up for myself.  It's an Alien figure, complete with egg and two facehuggers.  Here's a picture.  Heidi kind of looked at me like I was on drugs for wanting that, but hey, it's cool.  Anna, of course, is fascinated by it.  She talks about how it's a "scary guy with sharp teeth."  The facehuggers are "spiders" and the alien is "angry now."  She's my daughter, that's for sure.

 

No comments: