Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Madonna remixes

I am in love with a new site that I stumbled across where Madonna fans can trade UNOFFICIAL remixes with each other. It's called MadonnaTribe and it's just the coolest thing. That's one of the biggest things I miss about the Napster/Audiogalaxy days--the unofficial remixes that you're not able to find anywhere else. I remember when I was in college and forking over some pretty incredible bucks for Madonna bootleg CDs, be they remixes or live concerts. Now, thanks to the power of the internet and file-sharing, all that stuff is available pretty much for free. (Of course, having broadband does help, which isn't free, but there ya go.)

Pretty much the only people losing out are the bootleggers, and I don't feel too sorry for them. They've been gouging fans for years with CDs of (at best) variable quality. It's nice to be able to get all that stuff again without having to spend loads of cash.

And the really cool thing about sites like that is that the stuff is unofficial, so there's really no worry about copyright issues. Well, I suppose there is because the original recording is still copyrighted, but it seems to agree with my conscience a little bit better when it's stuff I would have had to buy from a bootleg CD store. Not that you can find those anymore anyway.

No comments: