Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Perception of children

There are a lot of times, as a parent, you're left guessing what your kid is thinking. It starts from the minute they are born and really, if you think about it, never stops. But every now and again, you get a glimpse into what's going on in their brain. Last night Anna was playing The Sims 2 on my computer. Now, realize that for her, "playing" The Sims 2 basically amounts to building the family, moving them into a house and furnishing it thanks to the "motherlode" cheat. While she was building the family, she announced that she was going to make a Sim of me. This is what she came up with.

Um, hello. Purple suit? But this image of me from her perspective is interesting. I also found the rest of the family interesting as well, especially the teenage daughter lending even further credence to my theory that Anna is 6 going on 16 (at least in her mind.)

But back to me. I don't think I could pull that suit off even if it were Halloween. I admire any man who can wear that without having their face made up like the Joker. Granted, my fashion choices have deviated a lot further from my boring choices of just a few years ago, but that suit just will never happen. But apart from the suit, I daresay I look pretty damn good.

And look at me, I still get the girl.

Jeez, get a room already!

1 comment:

Myfizzypop said...

LOVE the final pic. It's like your own little movie. You stud you!