Pages

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

6 random songs

I'm staying up late tonight (not by choice - I've been up since 4AM-ish) so lucky everyone, I'm doing a blog post to ring in December right. 6 random songs from my iTunes library and no more than three sentences on each.

1) Dear Anne Sexton / Vanessa Daou
I love Vanessa Daou's Zipless album from start to finish - it has a very Erotica feel to it only without the couple of significant duds that otherwise mar Erotica. This is quite possibly the only song that has prompted me to move a biography of a poet into my to-be-read pile.

2) Let It Will Be (Live - Confessions Tour) / Madonna
I remember loving the choreography for this song on the tour, thinking how it had been so long since we'd seen Madonna dance that organically. I also remember that her vocals were God-awful during this song at that show we saw in Vegas. It's not much better on the DVD, but at least it still sounds live.



3) Whataya Want From Me / Adam Lambert
I bought the Adam Lambert album on AmazonMP3 for $3.99 on the day of its release. At first, it was only okay, but the more I listen to it, the more I like it. This song is written by Pink, and I honestly can't believe she didn't keep this one for herself.

4) Rubberband Girl / Kate Bush
I am not a huge Kate Bush fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I do like several of her songs and "Rubberband Girl" is one of them.

5) June Afternoon / Roxette
Man, Roxette is so embarrassing, but they really did do some pretty awesome pop songs. One of the first things I remember about Heidi is how Roxette was really the only pop music she listened to. Needless to say, her tastes have expanded significantly.

6) Say You Really Want Me / Kim Wilde
Kim Wilde's work is so amazingly uneven that sometimes I'm tempted to just write her off completely. But when she's good, she's brilliant - and this is one of those songs. It was never the hit it should have been (it has a killer bridge), but then at least it didn't suffer from overplay.



I would be interested to see what other people come up with. If you want to do it, go for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh i love Kim Wilde, and this song i remember 1st time aired in Russia TV host said "Tooo hot for MTV"? That was before Madonna did her Justify my love, Kim was rolling around in bed with half-naked man.
I just love the track "Say you realy want me" its one of her best 80's records.
she was just Gorgeous,

Anonymous said...

Okay, so the technical ineptitude should give away my identity (I seriously cannot remember how to do any of this shit man!), so if that isn't a helpful enough hint, then all I can say is that I am SO pleased to see "The Goddess" up there in your random six - and NO, I'm not talking Kim "let-me-flatten-that-note-for-you" Wilde.

Mr W

PS The computer helped me find myself on here, so ignore everything, apart from the Kate-loving and the Kim-bashing!!

Myfizzypop said...

i will have a bash at this when i have more than a few minutes and get back to you shortly :)