Pages

Monday, August 22, 2005

Great mail today

I got my Casey Stratton live at the Intersection CD in the mail today!! I was a little hesitant about buying it--only because they said it had "bootleg" sound quality (i.e., it was recorded from the audience) so I wasn't sure that it would be worth 28 bucks, but heck, it's helping Casey pay his rent so what the hell? Well, it's really awesome. 2 CDs--an hour and 50 minutes total. Casey sounds great and it just makes me eager as hell for DIVIDE to come out this fall (October 11th if all goes according to plan.)

Probably my favorite part of the whole CD is that I finally have a decent recording of "Opaline" until DIVIDE comes out. I remember hearing that song when Casey performed at the m-Shop here in Ames and turning to one of the other Yahoo! group members and saying "Which CD is that from?" because I knew that there was a lot of stuff that I hadn't heard. Alas, it was from the upcoming CD. Someone captured video from that concert and put it on the web but the sound quality was not the greatest, so this is fantastic. I can't wait to hear the studio version.

This baby is going into heavy rotation on my iPod, I can tell already.

(photo courtesy of A Shift Inside)

No comments: